MASTER IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION,
Euro-Project Management and Local Development
Leader in Europe for history, number of students trained and partner NGOs, since 1998 – at its 43rd edition (English)
Training provided in blended formula: eLearning + workshops
90% EMPLOYMENT WITHIN ONE YEAR in the main European NGOs
Ready for the field?
- Main Partner: INTERSOS Beirut headquarters, Lebanon (for the Field Experience)
- Supported by: Intersos, Amref, Save the Children, Oxfam, COOPI, Cesvi, AVSI, Mission Bambini, Emergency, WFP Italian Committee.
- Employment rate: 90% – of which 50% in the organization hosting the training period (Official data: August 2016 Follow up).
- Training Centers: Madrid, Rome, Brussels, Lebanon
- Certifications: Sphere Standards, PMD-Project Management for Development Professionals, International Professional Certification of Competences in Project Management for Development.
The blended formula, partly based on eLearning platform with monthly workshops during the weekends, allows presence for those who work or in general cannot afford to waste another year in a classroom.
- 1000 hours, 12 months
- eLearning + 30 workshops in 7 long weekends (approximately one per month) in Rome, Madrid and Brussels
- Field Experience (a real one – not just a visit) in Uganda
- Group Project Work
- Internship at least 200 hours in your country or in a Developing Country, up to 6 months if abroad.
- Matching – Presentation of your profile to the NGOs in Europe or outside if requested
Download the programme for more information about didactic structure, master features, workshops scheduling and lecturers!
Because what we are offering you is not just ‘another course’, but a clear professional profile, among the most requested, in a difficult and sometimes risky area. With the best NGOs we take care and the responsibility for your practical preparation as only those who come from the field can do.
- Ready for the field. Because NGOs look for the right skills, not ECTS and paper certificates. You will have as lecturers only the best managers and professionals that work on the field, provided by the best NGOs, to train you according to the required standards. We will also support you to obtain significant certifications, such as Standard Sphere and PMD.
- Full employment. Because the employment rate is 90% within a year (50% of the students find a job in the very same organization where they did the Training Period. 10% don’t access to the market within a year for personal-family-work-logistics-maternity, or other reasons). The Career Development Service works with you developing your “Career Plan” and introducing you in the right way, taking in consideration ambition and caution of the choices.
- Protection. Because this is not “amateur hour”: the Director (Alessio di Carlo), the Master Coordinator (Cinzia D’Intino) and the Head of Career Development Service (Tirso Puig) are project managers that worked for many years in Africa, Middle East, Latin America, Asia. They know how to transfer a deep knowledge of the dynamics and risks of the job, something not to underestimate and that universities are unfortunately very rarely able to guarantee. To be close to you and to advise you also after the Master and on the field if you need it, even after years.
- Internationality: PMC is an International Program, with European (and not only European) teachers and students, that combines quality, accessibility (affordable cost + scholarships) and flexibility (thanks to the eLearning + workshops formula, that makes it easier to attend).
- Experience, History and WorldwideNetwork of the School: in a historical moment that sees humanitarian emergency become the new training business, the School provides its experience, contacts, relations, international community and the helpfulness of hundreds of fellows around the world.
- Management Competences: if you were sitting on a table to negotiate your project with the Talibans, what would you say and how would you do it? Are you able to pitch with a Company, or present the project to a Foundation? The managerial development feature “keeps you safe”, allowing you to have basic skills in Conflict Management, Negotiation, Stress Management, Assertiveness, Public Speaking, Time and Organization Management.
Be the change! Can you see the Master as a powerful lever for social change? For us and the NGOs it is. We believe that your professional commitment is fundamental to enhance the quality of NGOs. We believe that you, with your passion and professionalism, can be the change for the lives of thousands of people. We do not just consider you a student, but as a social activist, a rights’ defender, a person interested not only in “doing projects” but in changing systems: a heavily committed “social” professional.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Do you feel you can have the right potential to be the change? Book the admission and evaluation interview with Marco Crescenzi, who directly takes care of the selection and admission process to guarantee you (for a right choice), the NGOs (on your human and professional quality) and of course the good name of the School – represented by each of its fellows, all over the world.
PMC TASK FORCE
|Master Director||Alessio Di Carlo, Founder and vice president of the CooperAction Onlus Association, former student of the 2009/2010 edition Master.|
|Coordinators||Cinzia D’Intino, Didactic Coordinator|
|Career Development||Tirso Puig, Head of Career Development|
Rocio Requena, Head of Administration Office
WE WORK WITH
Save the Children UK, INTERSOS, Oxfam, UNHCR, Amnesty International UK, UNICEF Italia, AIRC, Telethon, COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale, WorldVision, Medici Senza Frontiere Italia, The CHS Alliance, EMEA, British Red Cross, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), Save the Children Italia, Save the Children International, Association CooperAction Onlus, Euclid Network, Amref Health Africa Italy, Organisation for Economic Development and Cooperation (OECD), NGO International Rescue Committee, Médicos del Mundo España, Médecins du Monde, Agriterra, Humentum, Bioforce, IASC, OCHA, Red Cross/Red Crescent movement, Amnesty International Italia, UNDP, Handicap International, Plan International, Ricerca e Cooperazione, ESCOACHING, Save the Children España, MSF Belgium, Cancer Research UK, Sphere Focal Point, Santa Rita da Cascia Foundation onlus, TechSoup’s Italian division, Guardavanti: futuro dei bambini ONLUS, Federal Commission of Mexico on Human Rights, UN Commission on Human Rights, Liberi di credere, Oxfam Italia, VIS, Germany’s Relief Coalition, Young Foundation, Cocoon Projects, Association for Peace, Caritas, Ucodep, CIR (Consiglio Italiano Rifugiati), Assoforr, ISFOL, Fondazione Di Liegro, Opera Sante de Sanctis, Coop. Wipala, Liberi Nantes, Opera Don Guanella, Astirforma, Mission Bambini Foundation, Change.org, GoFundMe, Cure3Children, Cure Thalassemia, Greenpeace Italia, Libera Associazioni, Type B (Social Cooperative), Federsolidarietà Confcooperative, UNDESA, MAE, AGIRE, Action Aid, CDAC, DEC, ECB project, Amnesty International Italia, Italian Foundation for volunteers, Aster-X, Cesvi, GVC, SoS Villaggi dei Bambini, Terre des Hommes, ZaLab association, NATO, VOICE, PRIME Italia, International Commission of Jurist, Italian Red Cross, Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, RedR-UK, Nesta, EU Commission, ASEAN Centre of Excellence on United Nations Millennium Development Goals (ARCMDG), UNICRI (United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute), UN Coordinator for the fight against Aids in Asia and in the Pacific area, UNODC, FAO, World Food Program (WFP), IFAD, Fodanzione CENSIS, Associazione RUR, European Neighbourhood Working Group at Bond
Some of the main partners that collaborate in the realization of the Master
Supported since 2010 by Euclid Network – European Association of Third Sector Leaders. Supported by the European Commission. Supported since 2015 by ACOSVO – Network of Third Sector Leaders in Scotland.
… and more than 200 organizations hosting interns in the world.
STORIES FROM THE FIELD
The Field Experience represents the moment of application in the field of knowledge and techniques learned during the course of the Master. 9 days of real and direct field experience in collaboration with an NGO.
In 2018 the students were in Lebanon (Beirut).
Welcomed by the staff of INTERSOS Lebanon and local stakeholders, for the opportunity to work on local projects and make a palpable contribution, an experience of value for their professionalism, personal growth and curriculum. The students were under the guidance of Alessio Di Carlo, Director of Master PMC and Cinzia D’Intino, Didactic Coordinator, who were also in charge of the organization of the Field Experience.
The purpose of the Field Experience was to evaluate the impact of an INTERSOS project, which works with Syrian refugees in the community of Mount Lebanon.
In 2017 students were in Lebanon (Tiro and Beirut) and in L’Aquila, in collaboration with the Municipality.
Social Change School has always worked closely with the HRM and managers of the sector. The Masters are co-projected with the Masters’ directors and managers of the non profit sector and are constantly updated by means of surveys concerning the competences and required professional profiles at international level.
Career Development is one of the qualifying processes of the Master programmes and provides first class services, in terms of the personalised assistance given by the staff. They help finding the best match between our students’ skills, competences and the right organisations, something we are able to achieve thanks to our wide range of partners. An experience that, to use our students’ words, “changes your life”.
PMC trains high-level project manager specializing in particular on International and European development programs, able to plan with Foundations, with Companies, in Local Development, to set up project financing also through fundraising.
More than 600 professionals have attended our Master PMC. Some of the best operators in the sector come from this Master programme, and have updated their integrated project management skills with us; a “friendly” Alumni network for post-diploma support.
The Master is strongly international and totally in English. We also provide the opportunity of carrying out the Training Period (internship) in developing countries.